Riverview Rotary Christmas Parade
Sunday, December 6
This year's theme: The Sounds of Christmas
What's new this year?
- This year's parade will be held on Sunday in the afternoon.
- To get rid of the gaps, there will be no performer's area.
- There will be no awards ceremony after the parade.
Parade Map Coming Soon
Parade entries will be accepted September 1 - November 25
Entries received after Nov. 25 will be subject to a $25 late fee
- FREE: Commercial and non-commercial floats, marching bands and performance groups.
- FREE*: Active emergency vehicles/public safety vehicles such as a fire truck, police or ambulance
- *Only 1 vehicle per squadron or unit will be free, each additional vehicle will cost $25.
- Horns and sirens will NOT be allowed during the parade.
- $50: Vehicles not classified as a float including cars, motorcycle clubs, pageant winners, business vehicles, tractor trailer/18 wheeler, pick-up, or van.
- Non-Commercial Floats Sponsored by URW Community Federal Credit Union
- 1st place - $750 + trophy
- 2nd place - $500 + trophy
- 3rd place - $300 + trophy
- 4th place - $200 + trophy
- 5th Place - $100 + trophy
- Commercial Entries
- 1st place - Corporate Cup. The winner is permitted to keep the trophy until the following year. The trophy is then passed on to the following year's winner. A plaque will be mounted on the base of the trophy with the name of each year's winner.
- School Performance Groups
- Trophies for top three units in elementary, middle and high schools.
- There will be no performance areas on route. All judging will be done prior to the Parade at Langston School.
- There will be no awards ceremony after the Parade. All winning floats will be given a sign to display designating them the winner.
- Floats must be in line no later than 1:00 pm for review by the judges. All other groups, organizations, bands, cars etc. must be in line no later than 2:30 pm on their respective streets at their designated spot or number. Floats/cars will line up on Broad Street. Marching units will line up on Rison Street.
- Drop off instructions will be provided in your parade packet. Please instruct parents where to drop off children. Maps will be provided.
- Have your entry reflect the theme of parade as much as possible. Entries not appropriately decorated may be pulled from the line-up. Entries are judged accordingly.
- Parade officials will designate "Santa Claus." Any other Santa Claus (including Mrs. Claus) will not be allowed. This avoids confusion for small children. Stuffed or fake Santa's are acceptable.
- Performance Groups are to dress in designated uniforms for their groups. Judging for performance groups will be in three categories: Elementary School, Middle School and High School.
- Music is encouraged along the parade route. Please keep volume at a reasonable level. Bands are an exception. Marching bands must only include those students currently enrolled the band program at that school.
- Throwing candy or other objects from floats or moving vehicles is strictly prohibited because of safety issues. Please keep the safety of participants and spectators a high priority.
- Animal handlers must control animals participating in the parade at all times and handlers must come prepared to clean up after their animals. All waste must be removed immediately from streets so others do not have to walk in or around it.
- Non-Commercial vehicles including Fire Trucks, Ambulances, or Police Cars will NOT be allowed to blow their horn or sirens on the parade route. The excessive noise detracts from the judging of entries and the music of the parade.
- We strongly urge organizations to enter floats in lieu of cars. If vehicles must be used, we encourage using convertibles for better spectator visibility. For the safety of participants and spectators, the parade has a zero tolerance policy about the performance of tricks or the spinning of tires. Uniformed and plain-clothes officers line the parade route and they will enforce this policy. If you handle your vehicle in an unsafe manner, you will be pulled from the parade route, banned from future participation in the parade and can be charged with a criminal offense of reckless driving.
- Numbers will be provided for each group in packets. The numbers must be displayed as follows. Marchers - the number must appear on the right arm of the first marcher. Vehicles/Floats - the number must be prominently displayed on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- The deadline for application is Wednesday November 25th. Applications received and or postmarked after November 25 will be assessed a $25 late fee. Packet-pickup is at the Danville Welcome Center from December 1-5 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Non-compliance with rules will result in a $50.00 fine.
Entry Form Coming Soon